- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Mar 6, 2017
- [+] More Details
Agent Ransack Review
A review of Agent Ransack by Fernando Ortega
Agent Ransack is a type of search engine which search through files on your PC.
Similar to Windows' built-in search function, you can start by typing in the filename of the file you're looking for or a string of characters you'd like to find. You can set up filters by size or date.
While searching, items will appear in the results window while including text from the file, making it unnecessary to open each file found. It supports regular expressions, boolean searching and can export results to text or CSV files.
As a search engine focusing on text content of documents, Agent Ransack is capable and useful, especially for people who know regex.Agent Ransack features and highlights:
- Lightning fast multi-threaded C based search algorithms
- Network drive searching using either mapped drives or UNC paths
- Regular expression support on file name and content
- Boolean style searching (AND, OR, NOT)
- IFilter powered searching
- Save/load commonly used search criteria
- View text hits by file
- Printing and print preview
- Export results in Text and CSV
- Command line operation
Agent Ransack is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from file search software without restrictions. Agent Ransack 2016.867 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This file finder software is filed under:
- Agent Ransack Download
- Freeware File Search Software
- Software Reviews
Compatibility with this file finder software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from David Vest.
We have tested Agent Ransack 2016.867 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]